How to Apply
Employers with 29 or less job placements:
As an employer with 29 or less job placements you need to apply through a Governments KICKSTART Gateway and VITSPRO is one of them.
We will apply on your behalf. You’ll need to provide information about the job placements by filling our simple online application.
Employers with 30 or more job placements:
If you are an employer looking to create 30 or more jobs placements for young people, apply directly at Gov.uk.
Who can Apply
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding. These are the minimum eligibility requirements which must be met in order that any application is considered for the Kickstart Scheme.
- The applicant must be an existing company/organisation and have a track record of fiscal competence to be eligible to apply for funding
- The jobs should be new and in addition to current workforce; they must not replace existing or planned vacancies or cause existing staff to lose or reduce their employment (find out more information about the Kickstart Scheme
- The scheme is for 16 to 24 year olds and the vacancies must be for a minimum of 25 hours per week and last for at least 6 months and be paid at least the National Minimum Wage for the age group
- The applicant must demonstrate what employability support they will give to the participant whilst on the scheme, which will give them the skills to ensure they are able to capitalise on their Kickstart experience and use it as a stepping stone into work, training (such as apprenticeships) or education.
- The applicant must demonstrate how the jobs being offered through the scheme are quality placements, offering meaningful and suitable employment which offer clear benefits to the participant.
What you as an Employer will get
£1,500 per job placement
You’ll get £1,500 funding per job placement. This is for setup costs and to support the young person develop their employability skills.
If someone else helps you to do some of this for you e.g. KICKSTART Gateway / Representative, you’ll have to agree how you will share this money.
Job placement criteria
The job placements created with Kickstart Scheme funding must be new jobs. They must not:
replace existing or planned vacancies
cause existing employees, apprentices or contractors to lose
work or reduce their working hours
The job placements must:
be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
pay at least the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for the employee’s age group
only require basic training
How we can Help as a KICKSTART Scheme Gateway
We are a Kickstart Gateway helping employers apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant.
The funding of £1500 is for setup costs and to support the young person to develop their employability skills. Employers can choose to get someone else to do this for them, such as a Kickstart gateway or a service provider. If they choose to do this they will have to agree how to share the £1,500.