The IAM Qualifications are designed to promote good asset management concepts and practices, establish career paths and make recruitment and appointment to asset management roles more efficient and effective.
Discover the IAM QualificationsIAM Certificate:
An introductory qualification aimed at those who are new to the discipline of asset management or who have some initial experience.
A more advanced qualification for those that have already obtained the Certificate, aimed at individuals with prior asset management knowledge and experience, typically working in or preparing for specialist or management roles.
Benefits for employees
- Evidence of your knowledge and understanding of asset management, measured against recognised national and international standards
- Qualifications directly related to workplace requirements
- Professional development progression at any level
Benefits for employers
- A way to evaluate and certify asset management knowledge, understanding and experience among your workforce
- An opportunity to evaluate individual training needs and structure training
- A way to assess and measure staff recruitment, career progression and promotion
Registration and Exams
The first step is to register as a candidate then you can book an exam, select date and venue. Individuals can register themselves as a candidate for an IAM Qualification. Corporate Members and Endorsed Trainers can register others, as individuals or multiple candidates at once.
Learn more about exam registrations
Need to Book an Exam?
Once you have registered as a candidate for the IAM Certificate or the IAM Diploma, you can book onto an exam, the candidates require to sit examinations at an IAM Approved Examination Venue..
Learn more about exam bookings
Please note that booking for each session closes four days prior to the exam date. If you experience problems booking onto an exam session, please contact Exams@theIAM.org to register your place.
Need to locate test centre?
Mon – Fri : 0900 – 1700